To create social and commercial outcomes in central and northern Australia by employing Aboriginal people in a profitable, reliable and versatile building and construction business.
Who We Are
Ingkerreke Commercial is an Aboriginal owned
and run building and construction
contractor, project manager and steel
fabricator. The name Ingkerreke is a
Central Arrernte word meaning ‘all
together,’ which reflects a business
ethos of family values, team spirit
and clear communication. Ingkerreke
Commercial’s staff, management and
board are passionate about developing
a community-based Aboriginal workforce
with mainstream qualifications. From a head office in Alice Springs,
our experienced project managers,
supervisors and tradesmen offer services
to a wide range of corporate, government
and private clients across Central Australia,
the Top End, northern Western Australia
and Far North Queensland. Ingkerreke Commercial aims to maintain our Indigenous workforce and of the current 68 employees, 34 are Indigenous. The office in Darwin is exploring opportunities to expand
our successful business model deeper
in to the North.
- Provide high-quality, client-focused service that promotes excellence in workmanship for a competitive price;
- Grow our business to be the leading Aboriginal-owned and run building and construction contractor in the Northern Territory;
- Through training that leads to jobs, create sustainable employment for Aboriginal people, while being accorded the same treatment and respect as any commercial builder; and
- Leave a legacy of well-equipped remote Aboriginal populations ready to work in their communities.
- People-centered: Our people are who we are; without them we cannot become the business we want to be.
- Socially-driven: We aim for social objectives, such as sustainable employment for Aboriginal people, while maintaining commercial viability.
- Innovative: We innovate to conceive unique solutions suited to local conditions.
- Client-focused: We aim for high-quality, client-oriented service that builds trust and integrity, as well as long-lasting, robust relationships and return business.
- Safety-first: We insist upon rigorous and effective safety standards, born of policies that comply with all workplace legislation and codes of practice.
- Training-oriented: We believe in a whole-of- life approach to business, in that the benefits of employing and training Aboriginal people may accrue beyond the life of a particular individual, project or business.
- Ethical: We behave professionally and ethically at all times in the knowledge that our actions build our reputation.